Monday, September 28, 2009

Peter Pan nightshirts

I spent the weekend finishing up the boy's nightshirts for our upcoming Candlelight weekend. Hubby says the boys now remind him of John and Michael in Peter Pan and I quite agree. I think the striped wool stockings add a little something as well. The nightshirts are made of canton flannel and are square cut with gussets under the sleeves. I hope they stay warm enough as we will be out way into the night hours and we are supposed to have chilly fall weather this weekend. I do love fall!


And lest you were wondering what our house looks like the week before an event, here it is! Yes, those are my starched petticoats hanging out to dry over our organic garden. I'm sure our neighbors think we are nuts (not to mention that we all frequently pile into our minivan in odd assortments of funny clothes) and maybe we are just a little bit. But we sure have fun!

Must get back now to hemming trousers and the frock coat - pictures of which will come soon. Looking forward to Candlelight!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! Hey, we're nuts too. One can find an assortment of sewing and costume accouterments all over my house :-P When are you guys coming back to Portland to play?

Melissa said...

I'm sure the boys will be plenty warm... we are always toasty warm in the bedroom (it's the fireplace room! lol). I need to starch my pettis too, thanks for reminding me!

Brooke Whitaker said...

So cute!! Once again I'm loving his hair. :D

Mrs. G said...

Aww, he looks so sweet in his nightshirt. It makes me think of "The Night Before Christmas", the socks really complete the look!

Paris

Amy said...

Oh, I love the little night shirts! How cute are those! He does look like he's out of Peter Pan! :)

lissawi said...

Thanks! We would love to come play in Portland but I can barely keep up with the sewing for our 1 historical period!

Melissa - I forgot about the fireplace! I'm glad the boys will stay warm. They'll be so excited to see you!