Friday, March 12, 2010

Brown wool work dress done!

My brown plaid work dress is done! I actually finished it a few days ago, but I had quite a bit of trouble with the skirt. While it is completely wearable, my perfectionist self had a quarrel with the dress overall, and it took me a few days to get over it and move on :). It was only my second time sewing an off-set closure, and obviously I still have a lot to learn!


The fabric is perfect for working in the dirt and fields out the fort, so I think it will be very suitable for the type of reenacting we do. The antique buttons, however, are so old that the fabric started disintegrating while I was sewing them on, so I don't know how long they will last.

And now I must quickly switch gears and start working on my Regency things for the Spring Ball next month! Wish me luck! I am so not a corset making girl!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

It looks great!

Sophia said...

So beautiful, I'll bet it looks even better in person.

Chandra said...

Love the gathering on the sleeves!

Stephanie Ann said...

I love this dress, the detail on the sleeves is so pretty. I've never seen anyone attempt that before, really good job.