Thursday, February 4, 2010

A wool work dress

Well, it may not be as exciting as a silk dress, but my wool work dress is in need of upgrading. My current model is made of such scratchy wool, that it probably should not ever have become a dress, and to their credit, many of my friends warned me it was not suitable for such, but I failed to listen.
As we have a work day in April, which is still notoriously cold around here, I am working on this lovely brown plaid. I'm doing a pleated bodice for a change, so we will see how the final product comes out! I'm also working on some Regency undergarments, and my silk arrived yesterday for my Regency ballgown. I must get back to sewing...in between ordering fabric that is. I wish Fabric.com would stop having such wonderful sales this winter (well, not really, but they are very tempting)!

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Lissa the new wool looks lovely! I bought the same wool but won't be making it up until after the baby comes in July! :) Can't wait to see more pictures as you progress :)

Amy said...

I can already tell I'm going to love that dress. :) I have a love affair with wool right now - ever since I made my first wool dress recently. Tee hee! Can't wait to see it finished!

Lauren said...

It's look good :-)