Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Event

We held our annual 19th Century Christmas event at the Fort this weekend and the good news is that it went well. The bad news is that it went so well I was swamped with hundreds of school children and didn't get a chance to take any pictures. Our cornucopia craft was a big hit though and we actually ran out of supplies because we had so many guests! Hopefully lots of children will take away the experience that history can be active and fun!

We also got our tree up today amidst two very excited little boys who refused to take naps because they were so overwhelmed! So I'll sign off now because I'm pretty worn out! Hope you are enjoying the joys of the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I had to put up my Grandma's tree with the "help" of 3 boys under 3. :D That was something.