Monday, August 25, 2008

Do It Yourself Laundry Detergent

What a great weekend at a lakeside cabin with friends! We had so much fun skipping rocks, playing board games and chatting. Even though we did watch some movies due to stormy weather, it was a media-lite weekend which was a much needed break.

One of the things I love about my friend Bekah is that she consistently inspires me when we spend time together. She has been taking Sustainable Living classes in Vancouver and so we spent some time talking about all natural products, foods and cleaners. To that end, I have decided to try making my own laundry detergent. I was shocked to find out how simple it is, and that most of the ingredients are items I was already using for different purposes. The best news is that it should cost about 15 cents per load. Hmmm...these sustainable living types might be onto something.

I'm going to try this recipe. I'll keep you posted on how it goes :).

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Lissa, I hope you love your homemade detergent. I couldn't when I tried it. ;-(
I like my homemade soap and toothpaste but I just couldn't love the detergent. I use Charlie's now. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Paris
"rainer on of parades"