Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Change is in the air...

It is fall, and school is starting for the little ones, which means changes for me! Nate is attending a Montessori preschool this year (which is small, peaceful, and adorable). After much soul-searching and prayer, we decided to enroll Noah in half-day kindergarten this year. We will do our homeschool in the morning and then he will go to afternoon K. We are going to take it day by day, and it is by no means a final arrangement, but we decided to give it a try. So far, so good and I am amazed at his maturity now that he has turned 6!

We also may have some bigger changes coming for our family, but for now we are just waiting and praying. Please keep our family in your prayers as well!

I have been sewing off and on (it is a fantastic stress reliever - and I never, ever thought I would say that when I was learning how to sew :), working on a pettiskirt for a friend's daughter. I wanted to do something girly, and now this is my sewing chair:

That is strips of about 100 yards length, but it makes such lovely, frilly fluff! Too bad it also broke the tension on my sewing machine, which is now in the shop. I still think it was worth it :).

I'm off to get in an episode of my new favorite BBC show, Lark Rise to Candleford before school pick-ups. Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

All those frilly poufs and ruching look so yummy! I love the colors. I want something girly now. :)

Mrs. G said...

Oh Lissa, I hope you will let us know what your "news" is soon, until then I will be praying for you. I respect your schooling decisions, Montessori can be a great choice, good luck with all that as well. :-)
Paris

Lauren said...

Will def be praying for you. I hope we hear your news soon :-)