Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cooking has taken over my life!


While I get used to being gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and egg-free, cooking and baking have taken over and bumped sewing from my life (temporarily, I hope).
That's how I ended up with these Peanut Butter-Banana mini-muffins. I started with a cook book recipe and tweaked it a bit, but the end result was yummy.
Peanut Butter-Banana Muffins
3-4 bananas
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup rice milk
2 cups white rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, add bananas, applesauce & peanut butter and pulse until smooth.
3. Add rice milk, flour, baking powder & baking soda and pulse until combined (this actually did not work well for me in the blender, so I ended up mixing by hand in a bowl). Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Bake until golden (around 13 min. for my mini-muffins)!
Enjoy!
Besides baking, I've been planning a few sewing projects, and researching pettiskirts since I really want to make one for the daughter of a friend. We also have Brigade Encampment this weekend so some event pics should follow. Have a delicious week!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

wow - is all the FREE of things by choice or by neccesity?

they look pretty darn good

Lauren said...

Awesome!!! I'm so glad to have another friend with the same restrictions. You'll do fine at our events, there are two of us with the same allergies and we always make sure there is food we can eat.

lissawi said...

By necessity, unfortunately. My older son has lots of food allergies and my doctor wants me to try it as well to see if it alleviates some of my health issues. It is certainly an adventure!