Monday, January 26, 2009

Robbie Burns Dinner

January has settled in and I am having a hard time getting motivated to do anything. We did go to our Robbie Burns dinner for volunteer appreciation this weekend, so here are some photos from that event! The flag of the Honourable Company and the Piping of the Haggis.

The ode to the Haggis (which involves a sheep stomach and I personally find disgusting *shudder*!)

Our resident bagpiper and other celebrants!
Ignore the crazy expression on my face. I was embarassed because my proud (and sweetly romantic) hubby made me go up on stage to take pictures of me, and this is the best shot I have of my outfit.
A fun time was had by all. Huzzah to all the volunteers! On to 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cool evnt! You look lovely!

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun! The fabric of your skirt is absolutely wonderful. I'm pining for an event here in IL, seeing these pics makes me homesick for living history even more!